Artwork Reposting and Use Guidelines
I encourage people to share my artwork, including reposting it. Why? Because I find it difficult to keep up with the particular environment of Art-On-Social-Media (frequent posting, frequent reblogging/reposting/boosting your work, lack of organization on some platforms, etc.) I’ve found that I prefer to keep a small number of relatively organized galleries instead. So, if you like my work and want to post it on a platform that I don’t use (or shit, that I do use) feel free to do so. But please follow the guidelines below.
None of my work may be used for commercial (including promotional) purposes without my prior consent.
Because it gets wordy to list every time: If you commissioned art from me, or if I otherwise drew art for you, you can upload it wherever you want.
How to credit me
- Credit must be given, no exceptions
- If posting my work, provide a link to my website or one of my other galleries like Deviantart
- If using my art as an icon/etc., link back to me or otherwise credit me on your page/profile
- “Hover for credit” is fine
- Do not claim my art as your own, obviously
Two ways to share my work
- Save the image and reupload it yourself. Please do not link directly to, or upload directly from, the image files hosted on this site. (i.e., don’t use the “upload from URL” option)
- On sites like Deviantart, you can also click the “share” button
You can post my art on...
- Social media
- Your website/blog
- Image boards
You cannot post my art on...
- Your own gallery on an art website
- Roleplay profiles/sites or character collection sites (like Toyhouse) as a faceclaim for one of your own OCs
Art that you cannot post
- Gift art that features the giftee or their OC
- Cropping images or adding borders for use as icons, banners, etc. is fine as long as you credit me somewhere on your page
- Adding to the above, cropping my art specifically to remove my signature is not allowed
- Do not trace my artwork or use it as a base
- Do not recolor or otherwise add/remove details from my art without my permission. This rule is pretty lenient when it comes to my Free or Katabasis art, but still be respectful
Art that you cannot edit
- Gift art
- Art of my sonas/characters (not including Katabasis art)